Monday, September 9, 2013

Halibut Better Than Tuna!

My family loves a good tuna sandwich but let's face it... they're school lunch material.  So when I want to "up the ante" a bit...  this dish does not disappoint!  Everyone loves it for dinner or as a fun addition to an afternoon party!  And as always... it's easy.

Halibut "Salad" Sandwich


The key with many of my dishes... as this is nothing new - I know lots of families do it... we grill most of our meat on a weekend, then vacuum seal it up and put it in the freezer.  We may have an actual family, outdoor BBQ twice a month but we grill a bunch up for the weeks in between.  Therefore, this dish centers around the grilled halibut we did a while ago...

1 lb Grilled Halibut
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 shallot diced 
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Mix it all up in a bowl, plate with lettuce, spinach or some apples for a fun twist (like that afternoon party we were talking about)!  Use a DARK BREAD... trust me, it just tastes better that way!  My kids (even the picky one, chows every bite!)  Major yum!


Post a Comment

© One Picky Chick. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.