Monday, November 25, 2013

To Die For - Warm Cookie Dessert!

The Headlines:

Want a quick & easy dessert that will impress like crazy?

I have one that NEVER FAILS.


It's Thanksgiving and you're super over the pumpkin pie.  I am.  In fact, I'm not sure I ever really liked it in the first place.   That's a surprise, huh?  So,  I have this dessert I pull out during the cold months and everyone like - dies over it.  The funny thing is... it is easier than ... ah.... anything!!!!



Parents and kids alike... rave.  You know what it is?  It's a cookie baked in a ramekin, served in another bowl and drizzled with a sweet sauce plus ice cream!  People flip.  I feel like Bobby Flay or Giada or Chef Boyardee... no wait the Pillsbury Dough Boy.  Anyways, I agree... if I do say so myself, it is a hard to beat dessert.

What's even cooler is the many combinations of this creation you can do!  One Thanksgiving I did chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with cinnamon ice cream and I think it was caramel on top.  Of course you can never go wrong with plain old chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce.  It's just whatever works for the occasion or time of year you're in.  Yes, that's how I think.

On this occasion... just a simple Fall night... I did oatmeal cookies with cinnamon, chocolate ice cream and a caramel drizzle.  To make it even more simple, you can use those pre-made cookie blobs.  You know the kind you buy in the grocery store or from that kid whose parent keeps bugging you at work to support their child's school or sport or... pick your passion.  Place 1 or 2 of them in a small ramekin.  Or scoop some of your own cookie dough into one.  Or 10.


For this particular creation, I set the oven to 375.  Then, plopped in the oatmeal cookie dough and put some cinnamon on top.  The ramekins then go on a cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.  While those were in, I prepped the bowls they would sit on once they came out.  They're too hot to stand on their own.  For nice dinners I'll use these huge pasta type dishes.  They look so grandiose.  Almost like a restaurant.  But for my purpose on this night I did small but deep bowls.  I threw caramel, chocolate sauce and cinnamon in the bowls first. The cinnamon looks better on those huge dishes I just mentioned because there's a ledge the cinnamon rests on.  Oh well.



Once the cookies are baked, I like them a tiny "raw" inside,  they look like this... kinda boring.


But not for long... You add the ice cream, caramel and it's like a party on a plate.  No, a party in a ramekin.  And a bowl.  That didn't work the way I wanted it to.  Alright - just serve right away!

 
I will warn you: goooey, warm, gobs of heaven on spoons lies ahead!  Be careful.  You might want to make it for every holiday after you try it once.  Followed by every birthday.  And then just everyday.    But try to avoid this... it's more special if you just pull it out sometimes.

Now, before you pile on on the cookie pie express I leave you with just one last picture.


All abooooo-ard!!


Post a Comment

© One Picky Chick. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.